Vegan, Cruelty-free and Environmentally Friendly Skincare? Yes Please!
As some of you may have seen from my overload of gorgeous flower walls and photobooth sessions on Instagram, back in September I got the chance to attend my first ever Generation Beauty event by Ipsy in New York! This event was honestly so much better than I could ever even have hoped!
One of the brands I was really excited about was Derma-E. They are a vegan, cruelty-free brand that started out on the West Coast but are now one of the biggest names in natural skincare. I can’t be the only one who hates looking at the back of my skincare products and seeing all these chemicals I don’t even know how to pronounce! Scroll all the way down to watch how I use the products below!
I haven’t always been someone who was vigilant with their skincare routine but as many of you will have heard, the key to good make-up, is good skin and Derma-E products are a great place to start. To see a demonstration of how I use the products, make sure you check out my Youtube video!
1.Purifying Daily Detox Scrub – $15.50 (Image is sample size)
This detox scrub lifts away micro-pollutants and impurities while promoting oxygenation for a fresh, healthy radiance. Doctor developed and clinically tested, this revitalizing formula contains some of the most powerful minerals and natural toxin fighters from the earth and from the sea.
- Kimarine® Wakame is a potassium-rich, magnesium-rich seaweed that is clinically proven to protect skin against environmental pollutants (exhaust fumes, cigarette smoke, heavy metals).
- Bladderwrack is an antioxidant-rich, mineral-rich seaweed known for its water-binding properties, supporting healthy skin hydration and nourishment.
- Activated Charcoal, known for absorbing 100 to 200 times its weight in impurities, helps remove toxins from the skin’s surface.
- Apricot Seed Powder gently exfoliates away micro-pollutants, and;
- Green Tea delivers potent antioxidant defense.
2. Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water – $12.95
This refreshing Vitamin C cleansing water dissolves long-lasting makeup and impurities, while improving the appearance of skin’s texture and promoting healthy collagen.
- Micellar technology gently lifts off dirt without rinsing, while maintaining skin’s proper balance.
- Anti-aging Probiotics and antioxidant-rich Rooibos help skin to appear brighter and replenished.
3. Essentials Radiance Toner – $14.95
This alcohol-free, exfoliating, beauty toner helps to tone, tighten and brighten for a soft, smooth and luminous appearance.
- Glycolic Acid helps to remove dead skin cells for younger-looking skin while an exceptional blend of botanicals including
- Rooibos and Rosehip extracts help to revive skin for a fresh, radiant complexion.
4. Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil – $17.99
This essence of rose cleansing oil dissolves away long-lasting makeup and impurities, while nourishing skin with beautifying oils.
- Argan Oil delivers a concentrated boost of intense antioxidant-rich moisture to lock in essential hydrating for a healthy tone, renewed texture and exceptional suppleness.
- Jojoba Oil provides moisture to dry skin while helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by promoting healthy cell renewal
5. Radiance Glow Face Oil by SunKissAlba – $22.50 (Image is sample size)
A luxurious oil to create an unforgettable glow. Luscious organic Jojoba Oil and replenishing organic Argan Oil moisturize to help combat dehydration and the appearance of wrinkles while promoting radiance.
- https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=BbWfA1IiMgoRejuvenating organic Seabuckthorn Oil helps to smooth and add shine while mineral-rich mica adds a natural-looking brilliance to your skin.
Currently 40% off deals on selected items!
As you can see, I look about 12 but my skin is freshhhhh so I can’t complain!
After using all these products together, I noticed my skin retained a lot more moisture which is perfect as I have dry areas on my skin however, simultaneously it didn’t make my skin oily. Instead I felt it was definitely that nice ‘I’ve been in the sun but I didn’t get burnt’ kind of dewy, glowy look which I love. I’ve filmed a video showing exactly what I did with the products above which you guys can watch on my channel!
I was fortunate in that I was recommended the products above but if you’re unsure where to start, have a look at the website. Whether your concern is oil control, hyper-pigmentation or even hair & dandruff, there is something there. You can also search by key ingredients such as a variety of Vitamins, Green Tea or Activated Charcoal amongst others with explanations on the benefits of all of them also listed on the site.
The entire range is super affordable and available to shop at www.dermae.com and it’s also available in CVS, Whole Foods, Walgreens and a number of pharmacies. To find your nearest stockist click here.
Derma-E is really a breath of fresh air in an industry where so many brands are taking shortcuts from providing healthy, natural products! Trust me, your skin will thank you for it!